Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: unix file directive

2002-05-15 12:08:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: unix file directive
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:08:50 -0700 (PDT)
Does anything significant end up on tape? You might generate a stream
but only put the /usr/local directory entry on it.

It's sort of like (syntax not quite right but you get the idea) in
GNU tar doing:
cd /
tar --exclude usr/local -cf /tmp/local.tar usr/local

You still get a tar file, but there's not much in it!

As far as not actually generating the stream, I suspect Veritas would
have to add the functionality or you'll have to manually create your
streams.

--Jim

--- Jeff Kennedy <jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com> wrote:
> Quick follow-up to this.  I also notice that a particular entry in
> my
> exclude_list is now being ignored after switching to
> ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.
> I have an entry for /usr/local as it is completely populated by our
> cfengine/jumpstart class, but in each Unix backup there is a stream
> for
> /usr/local.
>
> Anyone got a fix for that?

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
There is no luck except where there is discipline.