Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup of Oracle exports direct to tape

2002-05-14 10:21:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup of Oracle exports direct to tape
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:21:15 -0700
Certainly there are Oracle extensions for NBU; we use an Informix and
SQL extension currently.  However, we are moving away from them in favor
of exports to disk.  Exports are faster (and so less drain on the
server), recovery is faster, and you don't have to buy expensive
extensions for every instance or db you have or add.

With Oracle we are currently exporting to disk, write that to tape, then
the next export will overwrite the previous one.  Logging is also done
to disk.  Informix is taking longer to migrate.....

~JK