Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN and local drive problem

2002-05-13 13:40:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN and local drive problem
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:40:07 -0400 (EDT)
One option is to set the storage units on the SAN media servers to "on
demand only", however you'd have to specify the storage unit for the
media server backups.  I assume you don't want to do this, since you
see two libraries from each and want to retain that redundancy.

What you'll probably need to do until you get to 4.5 is to set up
separate pools, say Backups, SANMS1 and SANMS2.  Now you can point all
the classes to "any available", but it won't select the "wrong"
storage units because you'll specify the appropriate pools in the
classes.

In 4.5, you can create storage unit groups, so for example one SAN
media server backs up to a group which contains the two storage units
specifying drives local to it.