Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] streams - full backup

2002-05-12 00:26:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] streams - full backup
From: RMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 00:26:26 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F96D.3178EE88

I have recently tried using streams on a particular media server, where I
created
4 NEW_STREAM directives.  Each are followed by a different mount point that
is
a seperate filesystem contained on a seperate disk.  Netbackup started 4
jobs,
2 of which were queued, and used one tape drive for each active stream.  Is
this
expected or is there something I am not considering in my class setup.  The
storage device configuration is set to allow two streams per drive so I was
under
the impression all jobs would have been active at the same time.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F96D.3178EE88

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>streams - full backup</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">I have recently tried using streams on a
particular media server, where I created</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">4 NEW_STREAM directives.&nbsp; Each are followed
by a different mount point that is</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">a seperate filesystem contained on a seperate
disk.&nbsp; Netbackup started 4 jobs,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">2 of which were queued, and used one tape drive
for each active stream.&nbsp; Is this </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">expected or is there something I am not
considering in my class setup.&nbsp; The </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">storage device configuration is set to allow two
streams per drive so I was under</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">the impression all jobs would have been active at
the same time.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Thanks for any comments or suggestions.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F96D.3178EE88--