Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What is the BEST WAY to schedule a monthly backup (without4.5)

2002-05-08 09:16:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What is the BEST WAY to schedule a monthly backup (without4.5)
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 08:16:53 -0500
You can also set the frequency to one day less than the shortest month,
which would be 27, then put a backup window for every day of the week.
Its less predictable _when_ the backup occurs, but its using the NBU
scheduler.

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> "Lowell Fafard" <lfafard AT saskpower DOT com> 05/07/02 05:31PM >>>
What we do is setup monthly and yearly schedules, with the same time as

the regular full but longer retention periods, as user backups(not
recognized by the scheduler).  At the first of the month have a script
run
via crontab change these schedules to full backups and then back to
user
backups on the 8th of the month.  The scheduler will take the backup
with
the longer retention period.

Hope this helps.

Lowell

"Geoffrey Hazel" <geoffh AT us.ibm DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu