Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] drive test utility?

2002-05-01 19:41:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drive test utility?
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
> If you're talking Unix, you could mount it with robtest and use mt(1) to do
> the "normal" things...e.g.,
>
>       mt -f /dev/rmt/0cbn rew
>       mt -f /dev/rmt/0cbn status

Yup.  I've just run into some problems where I'm getting a very small
number of errors overnight, so I was looking for something to exercise
the drive for a while and report if it had an error.  I seem to remember
something like that in Networker, so I was hoping that NetBackup had it.

It doesn't sound like it, so I suppose I'll script something up.  I was
just trying to be lazy and not have to write it.  :-)

Speaking of that, is 'robtest' really the way to move tapes around?
Networker has a lot of flaws, but the 'nsrjb' command to move tapes
around is nice and easily scriptable.

Thanks!

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company