Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] W2K clients failing with errors 14 & 41

2002-04-23 17:05:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] W2K clients failing with errors 14 & 41
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:05:41 -0700 (PDT)
Server is Solaris 8, 3.4.1_2 patched. Client is Windows 2000 Advanced
Server, 3.4.1_2 patched.

Multistreaming is on, files: ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. Out of four
partitions, one was successful, two exited with 14, one exited with
41.

Looked at the FAQ, pointed me to Veritas document 200380. We checked
the duplex setting on the client - think it was mismatched and
corrected it. Tried a manual full backup again. Got two each of error
14 and 41.

OTM is not installed -- should it be? What are the ramifications of
not installing it?

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
There is no luck except where there is discipline.