Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] NBU Oracle Agent / RMAN]

2002-04-23 02:31:28
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] NBU Oracle Agent / RMAN]
From: suen AT cosmos.buffalo DOT edu (Michael Suen)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:31:28 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Jago

        Thanks for your reply...
        hmhmmmm

        You are saying that the "Def-policy" is like the "User Backup" in
        the standard class?

        I am reading the SAG for Oracle Agent...
        (I printed the March 2000, 100-001474) Version
        On page 54..
        "All Oracle database operations are performed through NetBackup
        for Oracle on Unix using a BACKUP POLICY schedule. This includes those
        backups started automatically."

        Also..on page 56
        Retention:
        The retention period for an Auto Full Backup... controls how long
        Netbackup keeps records of when a schedule backups have occurred. Note
        that this is different than with a Backup Policy schedule.

        thx

        Mike