Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup of netbackup database failed

2002-04-15 12:07:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup of netbackup database failed
From: dave.markham AT icl DOT net (David Markham)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:07:04 +0100
Include paths on my set up are:-

/usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/volgmr/database

also below might help.

In netbackup you can specify where to backup your databases.

File, Change netbackup db attributes,

I set mine to 2 tapes, which alternate each day.
I then back these to disk later on in the day with the following script.

#!/bin/ksh
#Dave M
#Backs netbackup databases up to disk to ftp to DR site

PATH=/usr/openv/netbackup/Backup_DBs
COMMAND=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb
LOGFILE=/var/netbackup/backupdbs.log

echo "Backing up Netbackup Databases on `/usr/bin/date`" > $LOGFILE
$COMMAND -dpath $PATH >> $LOGFILE 2>&1
/usr/bin/ls -l $PATH >> $LOGFILE

Obvioulsy directory Backup_DBs is where i chose to make and backup to

Hope this helps