Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re-using Arcserve tapes

2002-04-09 16:20:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re-using Arcserve tapes
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org> wrote:
> I have a bunch of Arcserve v6.1 AIT2 tapes I want to re-use with
> NetBackup.  Is there anything I need to do other than slapping a
> bar-code label on them?

You may need to set some ALLOW_OVERWRITE flags in bp.conf or manually
mount each tape and use mt to write an eof to the beginning. If
NetBackup recognizes another archive format on a new that it is
starting to use, and the appropriate overwrite flags are not set, it
will freeze the media. (Or maybe it's suspend. Whatever -- it won't
use it.)

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
There is no luck except where there is discipline.