Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmoprcmd and drive status

2002-03-29 11:51:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmoprcmd and drive status
From: kk_downings AT yahoo DOT com (kk downing)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:51:24 -0800 (PST)
Hello,
I have been getting 219 and 213 - "no storage units
available" type messages which have been driving me
nuts as everything looks fine class-wise and
pool-wise. However I just disconvered the following
with vmoprcmd

root@intra3#
/export/home/openv/volmgr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmoprcmd -h
intra3

                                PENDING REQUESTS

ReqId  User      RVSN    EVSN    Density  Mode    Time
  Barcode   VolGroup
  0    root      NTB037  NTB037  dlt      Read
17:56  --------  NTB_out

                                  DRIVE STATUS

Drv Type   Control  User      Label  RVSN    EVSN
Ready   Wr.Enbl.  ReqId
  0 dlt    DOWN-TLD             -
No       -        -
  1 dlt    DOWN-TLD             -
No       -        -
  2 dlt2   DOWN-TSD             -
No       -        -

                             ADDITIONAL DRIVE STATUS

Drv DriveName            Multihost Assigned
Comment
  0 Drive0                No       -
  1 Drive1                No       -
  2 Drive2                No       -

This looks to me like the drives are down. What is the
command to put these in the upstate? Also what may
have caused the drives to go into a "downed state", if
this is in fact the case?

Thanks for any input