Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 54 Solaris client

2002-03-27 17:07:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 54 Solaris client
From: denis AT kapusta DOT com (Denis Petrov)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:07:37 -0800
Thx Will.
I did not think that is hostname resolution issue, becouse it connects
successfully about 80%, anyway datailed logs should show something

>    What are the errors in the logs (that is, logs such as bpcd on the
client
> or bpsched on the server)? They ought to show something like "<8> bpcd
> peer_hostname: gethostbyaddr failed."

I just setup detailed logging  and I will know about those errors tomorrow

>    Also, doesn't the bp.conf line "CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 1800" belong on
the
> server?

Veritas told me to put this on the client and I did, but  I think you right.
It looks like it belongs on the server.

>    Do you have /etc/hosts entries?
Yes I do here they are
Master server...
172.16.32.1     xyzinc01a
192.168.224.2   xyzinc1_0       zyzinc01a (Backup interface)
172.28.0.26    abcinc  (Clients name )

Client  (This is partial entry provided by customer)
192.168.224.2  xyzinc01a   xyzinc1_0  Added alias per Veritas suggestion

Denis