Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive Type dlt vs dlt2

2002-03-26 13:44:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive Type dlt vs dlt2
From: Will.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:44:05 -0500

> I'm using DLT IV tapes and DLT8000 drives.

   Sure, like the DLT IV tapes in the L/9's on my Suns.

> What is a DLT2 tape? What is a DLT2 drive?

   DLT III tapes and DLT IV tapes can be used in drives that are defined as
dlt, dlt2, or dlt3. (The important thing is that "dlt" regardless of the
number that follows.) You may wish to define certain drives within a robot
as dlt and others as dlt2 so that they don't try to both write to the same
tapes.
   Or at least, that's what they taught me in class ten days ago. :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator