Veritas-bu

Another [Veritas-bu] LTO drive question?

2002-03-25 11:27:58
Subject: Another [Veritas-bu] LTO drive question?
From: Peter.O'Connor AT drkw DOT com (O'Connor, Peter)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:27:58 -0000
Configuring LTO drives in netbackup DC 3.4.1 (Solaris 8 master and media
servers)
Storagetek L700 silo + Seagate LTO drives.

I've been advised by veritas to set the silo up as TLD and the drives up as
hcart half inch.  I've done this but when i do an inventory they come back
into media manager as DLT tapes ?

Consequently when I do a backup it can't assign any media because it's
looking for hcart's but none exist?

Therefore i'm interested to know how other people have setup their LTO
silo/drives within netbackup?

It would be nice and a lot easier if there was simply an LTO option to
choose?

Rgds.