Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java Gui

2002-03-24 11:07:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java Gui
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:07:01 -0500
I'm currently running Netbackup 3.2, and am able to display the Java Gui
back to my Linux desktop, from my Solaris 2.6 Master Server.

The Release notes for Netbackup Datacenter 3.4 says "Remote display to a
different platform type from the one that the application was started is
not supported. For example, if you are executing jnbSA on an HP 11.0
machine, you cannot use the DISPLAY environment variable to display back
to a Solaris 2.6 machine". Is this true, where jnbSA is started on a
Solaris 2.6 machine, with the DISPLAY environment variable set back to a
Linux machine?

Also, can anyone give any good reason for not upgrading from Netbackup
3.2 to Netbackup Datacenter 3.4?