Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring images

2002-03-22 11:47:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring images
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:47:51 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1D1C1.4DFF39F0

I just expired a bunch of images using bpexpdate -backupid <id> -d 0.

If I then query the tape number using bpimmedia, there is no images on the
tape.  If I use vmquery to query the tape number, though, the tape still
shows up as assigned.  I figure that there's a delay between expiring the
images and the tape being made available for reuse.  Is this the case?  Is
there a way to speed up the process?

-Mark

   Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems Engineer
   Experian EMS - Denver Colorado
   Linux? Wasn't that the kid with the blanket?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1D1C1.4DFF39F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Expiring images</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I just expired a bunch of images using bpexpdate =
-backupid &lt;id&gt; -d 0.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If I then query the tape number using bpimmedia, =
there is no images on the tape.&nbsp; If I use vmquery to query the =
tape number, though, the tape still shows up as assigned.&nbsp; I =
figure that there's a delay between expiring the images and the tape =
being made available for reuse.&nbsp; Is this the case?&nbsp; Is there =
a way to speed up the process?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-Mark</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
--------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems =
Engineer</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Experian EMS - Denver Colorado</FONT>
<BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
--------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Linux? Wasn't that the kid with the =
blanket?</FONT>
<BR><FONT =
</P>
<BR>