Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetWorker & NBU at the same time?

2002-03-21 11:52:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetWorker & NBU at the same time?
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:52:10 -0600
I would like to replace NetWorker at a couple remote sites I support
with NetBackup (we use NetBackup at our main location). However, I need
to keep NetWorker around for a year in the event a restore is needed,
due to a 1 year retention. Questions:

1) Is it possible to have both on a single system? I assume the only
real contention would be control of the robotic and DLT drives.
2) Assuming it is, could I just keep the NetWorker daemons inactive,
then if a restore is needed just bring down the NBU daemons and start
the NetWorker ones?
3) Any gotchas?

Regards,

RCA