Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exercise in reality

2002-03-21 10:23:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exercise in reality
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:23:54 -0800
Has anyone determined what the practical time differences are in a
restore from a multiplexed backup vs a non-multiplexed?  I would be
interested in both single file restore as well as full filesystem from
each.

I ask because up till now my DR backups (offsite) have all been
non-multiplexed.  But given the increase in data size and the backup
window not changing I need to do something to speed up the process.  But
I don't want to speed it up at the cost of recovery.  If restoring from
a multiplexed backup is, say, 10% slower this would be acceptable.  But
if it's 100% slower then that would not be.  Anything in between is TBD
whether it's acceptable or not.

Thanks for any input.
--
Jeff Kennedy