Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storagetek L40

2002-03-13 14:48:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storagetek L40
From: cgbrewer AT RMBSC DOT COM (Chris Brewer)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:48:22 -0700
What's your firmware rev on the unit? We're running five L40's, and my
opinion, they're not ready for prime time. There's a lot of calibration
issues that the latest firmware rev fixes. I was having tons of the dreaded
Friday-night-staff's-gone-home-tape-stuck-in-the-picker errors prior to
upgrading the firmware. Also, StorageTek has info about early Seagate LTO
drives having faulty bezels (this is determinable by drive S/N, which sadly,
I have no further info on). Good luck!

For official email, please respond to cgbrewer AT kpmg DOT com

Chris Brewer
UNIX Systems Consultant
Rocky Mountain Broadband Solution Center
KPMG Consulting, Inc.
6399 S. Fiddler's Green Circle #400
Greenwood Village, CO 80104

720-493-7992