Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Move media servers to a different master server

2002-03-13 09:42:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Move media servers to a different master server
From: smatthews AT npc DOT net (Steve Matthews)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:42:30 -0500
Eliza,

Your problems may not be Veritas related. Check out the things listed below:

Are you using DNS? If so, is the new server name resolving correctly?
Are you using just the \etc\hosts file on the server? If so, is the entry
correct for the new server?
Have you checked the "bp.ini" file (I assume that's the correct file name
for Windows 2000. I'm in a UNIX environment) on the clients and master to
make sure that the new master server is listed first. (This may be what you
meant on your first point).
Are you using fully qualified domain names for your master and clients?

Just some thoughts. I ran into some of this when I converted from a Win 2000
platform to a UNIX based master server.

Steve Matthews
Systems Administrator
National Processing Company