Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing Classes and Schedules.

2002-03-08 16:25:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing Classes and Schedules.
From: ewunipe AT sd.us.am.ericsson DOT se (Nicholas Pesce)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:25:58 -0800 (PST)
I have two questions, both based on the same principle.

I'm currently backing up my Network Appliances via NFS.
Sometimes I need to change the file lists that are being backed up.
when I alter the file list (remove one mount point, etc) It seems
that even if I'm only doing a cumulative all of the mount points
that were not change end up being backed up as if they were a full
as well as the new mount point that was added.

Is this always the case, can you edit the files list and not worry
that everything will be backed up as a full, but only the new files
that you added.

Also,
  If I create another class, and backup the same file systems as fulls,
will I be able to use the original class to back them up for
cumulatives, or does all of that info remain in class.  I.E.  full
and incremental schedules don't go w/ the file system, but with the
class.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Nicholas Pesce
Sys Admin