Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk to Disk Backups

2002-03-06 17:39:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk to Disk Backups
From: dday AT sous DOT com (Day, David)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:39:03 -0600
Have you evaluated Veritas' Database Edition?  We are in a Solaris
environment running Oracle and the DBE gives us some pretty robust options.
It does have a hefty price tag but in that environment, it sounds completely
justifiable.  I'm running Ultriums and am pleased with performance.  It's
LAN based but I'm preparing to move to direct SAN based which should give a
nice reduction to my backup window.  I would recommend continuing to look
beyond DLT as it sounds you are doing and avoid LAN based backups.