Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Server Name Change

2002-03-05 18:17:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Server Name Change
From: ron AT linux DOT ca (Ron Lyman)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:17:12 -0500 (EST)
Good day,

I have just joined the list after looking around and around for information.
This past weekend I replaced our main server with new hardware.  The old server
had the IP address and name changed.

The old server is running Windows NT 4.0 SP 6 with NetBackup BusinesServer
3.3GA.

I'm sure you know what's coming....  :)

How can I make NetBackup continue to work on this box?  I have searched high
and
low for concise info and am lost.  Emailed instructions from a support provider
advised me to use the `bpmedia -movedb -newserver hostname -oldserver hostname.

Upon running this (even though I had my doubts it would work) an error was
produced indicating a media_id be provided.

1 - Will this command do the job?
2 - Do I have to run it with every media ID?

At this point I don't really care if I have the images or not.  I'm near the
point of blowing it away and reinstalling.... any way to speed up the
conversion
would be a great help.

FWIW, I have looked around the 'net, searched Veritas' site, etc.... my head is
spinning.  Also, this is the only backup machine... there is one NT client, and
I need to add one Win2K client.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA,
Ron Lyman