Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Source of the data for "Full" view in Job Monito r

2002-03-04 13:31:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Source of the data for "Full" view in Job Monito r
From: Will.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:31:45 -0500
I have had several people point me to the bpdbjobs command and to the files
in the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs directory, which puts me on the right
track -- and I appreciate it! (Specific thanks to Penelope Carr, Patrick
Whelan, Michael Graff Andersen, and Peter L. Buschman, all of whom were too
kind to strike me on the head with the NBU SA's manual -- for fear of
killing me, I suppose.)
   The biggest drawback (for me) to the files in the
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs directory is that the summary information
includes the STU used, but not the specific media ID.
   I didn't realize that I'd seen the bpdbjobs command before, until I
started trying to use it. I wish there was a simple way to find out the tape
used in a successful backup without some weird, recursive scripting -- or
Perl :7) -- but I guess I'll have to roll up my sleeves are start working.
   Anyone know whether this is one of the things being changed in 4.5?
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator