Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] database read operation read too few bytes

2002-03-01 13:23:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] database read operation read too few bytes
From: ROBERT_JOHANNES AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:23:12 -0600
Yesterday I upgraded my master server to solaris 8, the upgrade went
fine, but now I have an issue.  Whenever a tape is mounted,  ltid logs a
message to the effect of:

Mar  1 10:14:43 baldur ltid[17314]: Mount count/time of media id SC0035
failed, status = database read operation read too few bytes

but the tape is backed up to nonetheless.

Also, when I try to do an update of inventory through media manager, I
get the same error message:
                database read operation read too few bytes

Does anyone know what is a miss?

thanks
robert