Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Autocleaning of drive in STK L700

2002-03-01 06:49:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Autocleaning of drive in STK L700
From: Louis.Francoeur AT mdsps DOT com (Louis.Francoeur AT mdsps DOT com)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 06:49:05 -0500
What is the recommendation for cleaning DLT drives in a L700?

I used to do it with the library but now I am seeing messages in my syslog:

ltid[21962]: Automatic cleaning of TLD(0) drive index 4 failed because there is
no cleaning tape or the cleaning tape is used up

But when I check the drive, it is fine and there is a cleaning tape but it is
managed by the library.
Should I let Veritas do the cleaning or how do you turn tapealert off?

Veritas Datacenter 3.4 (Patch 3.4.2) on HP-UX 11.0

TIA
Louis Francoeur
Unix system administrator
MDS Pharma Services