Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to use bplabel

2002-02-28 11:29:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to use bplabel
From: bagdoo.jean AT hydro.qc DOT ca (Jean Bagdoo)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:29:24 -0500
--------------744B57832F28A5D2BE3035DC

I'm using NB 3.4 with a dual drive TLD robot and one my tapes keeps
getting frozen as soon as a backup is attempted on that tape. I can
unfreeze it without problems.
I thought I should bplabel this tape (still not sure) and whenever I
issue:
bplabel -ev 000001 -d dlt

I get Requested number of drives are not configured.

I get the same message if I issue bplabel -ev 000001 -d dlt -n
QUANTUMDLT70000.

Must the tape be in the drive in standalone mode or will the robot load
the tape?

Thanks,

Jean Bagdoo
Hydro-Quebec

--------------744B57832F28A5D2BE3035DC

I'm using NB 3.4 with a dual drive TLD robot and one my tapes keeps getting
frozen as soon as a backup is attempted on that tape. I can unfreeze it
without problems.
I issue:
QUANTUMDLT70000</i>.
the tape?