Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] xinetd.conf entries for netbackup?

2002-02-28 11:12:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] xinetd.conf entries for netbackup?
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey Feskens)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:12:48 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Redhat7.2 doesn't use inetd, they changed to xinetd.conf apparantly.
> This doesn't use a stock /etc/inetd.conf.  I'm hacking up my own
> entries, has anyone else done this so I can compare my final product
> against a known working version?

I just copied mine from another config file, but this seems to work for
me.  I also have corresponding entries for bpjava-msvc and vopied.  These
entries have worked flawlessly for my RH7.2 machines.

service bpcd
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd
        server_args             =
        log_on_success          += DURATION USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        nice                    = 10
        disable                 = no
        bind                    = your IP here
}

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette Integrated Technology Services
Willamette University, Salem, OR