Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicate NetBackup Database

2002-02-27 12:20:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicate NetBackup Database
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:20:07 -0800 (PST)
I'm sure someone's already answered you on this, but I
haven't gotten that far in my email yet.

What you want to do is run bpbackupdb to another tape
that will go offsite.  This tape needs to be blank (no
duplicate backup images) otherwise it will overwrite
the images.

# Get list of Scratch Tapes from DUP_POOL
vmquery -pn $DUP_POOL -bx | tail +4 |
awk '{ if ( $12 != "---" ) print $1 }'
> /tmp/dup_scratch

# Request one tape from the list
tpreq -ev `head -1 /tmp/dup_scratch` -d $DENSITY \
-p $POOLNAME -f $FILEMTPT

bpbackupdb -tpath $FILEMTPT $DBPATHS

Keep in mind that this backup does not suspend bprd
from submitting backup jobs if able to do so, which
means you probably want to do this when  you know there
are no backups running to kill bprd  until  you are
done with the Catalog Backup.

David Chapa

Quoting Wayne Bienia <bieniaw AT ccf DOT org>:

> I have just implemented NetBackup Datacenter 3.4 and
ran a duplication
> process however I dont believe that duplicates the NB
Database.  Is there a
> way I can duplicate this for offsite storage?

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting