Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO problems with Solaris 2.6 and 2.8

2002-02-27 11:13:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO problems with Solaris 2.6 and 2.8
From: gguenthe AT csc DOT com (gguenthe AT csc DOT com)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:13:53 -0600
We are having a similar problem with SDLT drives in a P6K.
Sometimes the backups will run great for all of the servers.
Other times the tape will be mounted and VERITAS never shows the
tape mounted in device mgr. We have checked our SSO config a dozen times
and it is OK. Usually we get errors in the W2K event log about not being
able
to communicate with the drive, downs the drive, freezes the media, ups
the drive and tries again.
Environment
VERITAS DC 341_2, SSO
'836 Patch (W2k/NT Only)
2 W2K Media Servers
1 NT 4 Media Server
4 Solaris 8 Media Servers.
EMC Clariion 4500/4700 Arrays
Brocade Switches
EMULEX HBAs
ATL P6K 24 SDLT Drives V35 Firmware, FC230 Fibre attach.