Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #1007 - 9 msgs

2002-02-27 10:34:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #1007 - 9 msgs
From: Bleimeyer, Paul W." <paulb AT mayo DOT edu (Paul Bleimeyer)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:34:03 -0600
Kevin,

We recently went through this with SSO in an NT4.0 environment.
The very first thing I can tell you to do, is two down one of your
drives, and then
run a test job, like the verify_install_class job and backup something
like c:\temp.

If you can watch your library at the same time, all the better. We used
the horizon
web monitor our L700 to watch the drives and tape loads since I have our
library in another data center across campus. An extra human or X10 cam
is also a possibility depending on resources at hand.

What you are looking for here, is to see which drive the tape ends up
in. NT/W2K is notorious for flopping scsi drive ids around as you
reboot. Depending on the drivers and hbas you are using you can bind
certain scsi ids to certain wwns. But first I would double check to make
sure that the tape is getting loaded in the correct drive first. Your
job may just be waiting the drive to come ready and your system things
the drive order is different than your library master.

Regards,

Paul