Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] win2k IDR client restore

2002-02-26 12:40:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] win2k IDR client restore
From: LeeAnne.Pedersen AT gov.ab DOT ca (Lee Anne Pedersen)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:40:54 -0700
We have a Win2K network, with a Compaq TL891DLX tape library. I'm
attempting to test restores in our lab, which requires me to use a
standalone tape drive.

I've been able to restore the catalog on a test master server, but now
when I'm trying to restore a client (using IDR wizard), it runs through a
list of files, saying they can't be restored, then eventually errors out
with an Error 5. The error shown in the activity report on the master says
"Error requesting media, TpErrno = Requested number of drives not
configured".

Does the client expect the restoration to come from the originating robot
library? If so, how can I get it to see the standalone drive? I've
reconfigured Media Manager and Storage Unit Manager to have the standalone
instead of robot, and the Device Monitor indicates that the correct tape
is loaded.

Thanks,
Lee Anne

Lee Anne Pedersen