Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to make frozen media unavailable to restores

2002-02-24 17:45:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to make frozen media unavailable to restores
From: cheinz AT onebox DOT com (Chris Heinz)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:45:05 -0800
Hi All,

I have a tape that's been having problems so I froze it (bpmedia -freeze)
so that a certain oracle backup would not use the tape anymore.  Afterwards,
I successfully ran the full backup, which no longer requested the "bad"
tape.  However, when I trie to restore the db, it still asked for the
bad tape.  Is there a reason for this and how do I make the tape completely
unavailable (aside from expiring it, which I don't want to do yet) so
that there would no longer be any  reference to it from any backup/restore.
 I'm running 3.4.

TIA!
Chris

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com