Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Should I buy separate licenses for Media servers ?

2002-02-19 22:39:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Should I buy separate licenses for Media servers ?
From: Shyam.Raghavan AT weac DOT com (Raghavan, Shyam)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:39:27 -0800
Hello Group,

Do I need to buy any additional license for adding a media server to my
network ?

This is what I am trying to do:
I have an L700 with 16 drives in it. 8 drives and Library are connected to
the master server and I am trying to connect the rest of the drives into  4
different servers  (2 drives on each server) and configure those machines as
Media servers.
After I did the configuration for drives  on the media server and storage
unit on the master server. I got error codes 219 and 213 when I tried to do
a test backup. SUN customer support says this is a Licensing issue as each
media server needs separate Licenses.

I am sure many of you must be using the same kinda configuration at your
site . What do you guy's say ?

Thanks in Advance.

Shyam.