Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore error (5)

2002-02-18 13:56:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore error (5)
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey Feskens)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:56:13 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Roger Patrick wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> All of my restores are failing with error (5).  On the NetBackup Server I'm
> receiving the following error in the bpbrm error log.
>
> bpbrm process_media_msg: media manager for backup id laptop_1014001366 exited
> with status 92: media mana
> ger detected image that was not in tar format.
>

> Any suggestions? this is a new implementation, system not in production yet.

Have you tried a verify on those images?  Does that fail also?  What
operating system is it running under?  My guess is that the images
aren't being written correctly due to a device configuration problem.

I had this same problem under Solaris until I got the /kernel/drv/st.conf
file set up correctly for my drive.

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette Integrated Technology Services
Willamette University, Salem, OR