Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem with Windows 2000 Professional client.

2002-02-15 14:36:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem with Windows 2000 Professional client.
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:36:55 -0600
Is this by chance a laptop?

I vaguely remember an issue where I was trying to backup a laptop and it
didn't work with All_Local_Drives.  I opened a ticket and they said it was
because it was a laptop.  Something about that file directive backing up all
"fixed" disks on the box, but since the drive was being seen as a "removable"
drive within my laptop it wasn't being included.  I had to specify the actual
drive letter for it to work.

- Scott

                    "Roger Patrick"

                    <roger AT rogerpatrick DOT com>             To:
<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] Problem with Windows 2000 Professional client.
                    auburn.edu

                    02/15/2002 01:02 PM

I'm running Veritas Netbackup Datacenter 3.4 and I'm having a problem backing
up a Windows 2000 professional client.

When the backup is performed on the client, only the System
State is backed up, no drives.  The client is apart of a Windows 2000 class
that uses an All_Local_Drives directive for backup criteria.  The client is
also running the Administration client for NetBackup.

My next step is to turn on verbose logging on the client, and check the logs,
are there any other suggestions?

Regards,

StickyBit.