Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] master server backup

2002-02-15 13:51:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] master server backup
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:51:28 -0800
I think this topic was covered once before but now I can't find it.  Is
there a real benefit to backing up the /usr/openv partition on the
master backup server given the following:

weekly tapes are sent offsite
catalogue tapes are sent offsite with their respective tapes
a copy of the image list is sent offsite with the tapes

With the above list I can recover anything providing the backups are
good.  Do I really gain anything by backing up /usr/openv since
everything I need will A) be re-installed with NBU when I re-build
(assuming DR) and 2) be contained in the catalogue tape or C) be
granularly recoverable with the image list?

Thanks for input.
--
Jeff Kennedy