Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L700 with mixed DLT8000 and SDLT

2002-02-12 04:07:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L700 with mixed DLT8000 and SDLT
From: aboueyguet AT aai DOT fr (aboueyguet AT aai DOT fr)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:07:28 +0100
hi everybody,

One of our customer has a L700 with 4 DLT8000 and 2 SDLT drives. He wants
to operate the 2 types of drives at same time.
The Netbackup version is 3.4.1 DataCenter on an NT4.0 + SP6a system.
As the Veritas technote 239736 says, we have added a combination of V35
firmware for theSDLT drive,  the NetBackup patch NB_341_2 and the
NetBackuptapedeviceDriverInstall_240009.exe. We also rebooted the NetBackup
server.
The only way to discriminate between the 2 types is to create one storage
unit with the DLT8000 type drives and a second one with the SDLT drive
type.
But  NetBackup knows only the dlt, dlt-2 and dlt-3 types. The DLT8000 and
SDLT are not known as such. How to solve this?
Thanks for any help

Armel Boueyguet
Backup Consultant
Paris