Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] more fun questions....

2002-02-11 21:23:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] more fun questions....
From: kingjamm AT colltech DOT com (James Mello)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:23:50 -0600 (CST)
>       Okay, some questions regarding netbackup and writing to devices
> other than tape. Basic gist is, I'm looking at a value add for my
> customers, offering 'near line' backups. In other words, I want to
> write, via veritas NBU, to a large (say, 1.2TB), disk array. So, the
> questions are: can this be done with NBU? If yes, do you set the
> device to something lile /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s2? Could I set it up to write
> to a veritas volume mgr partition?

Sure thing, but you don't write to the raw device, but rather to a
filesystem. I've often done this for things like incrementals and such for
faster access. The thing that you want to look for in the manual is
"Adding Disk Type Storage Units". There are several options that you'll
want to consider, among them fragmentation size, and whether this is an
"on demand" storage unit.

If you need more detail, just email the list again, hopefully this is
enough to get you started.

        -- Cheers
        -- James