Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Spectra shoing 16 drives instead of 8?

2002-02-11 12:08:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Spectra shoing 16 drives instead of 8?
From: sibley_ken AT accorel DOT com (SIBLEY, Ken R. - ACCOREL)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:08:02 -0600
If this  is doing what I think it should be easy
to fix (sort of).  We have one system that has
two JNI cards.  Each drive shows up through both
interfaces giving two seperate devices for each drive.
As far as I can tell this is normal.  The only way
I know to prevent it is to get clever with the
fca-pci/fcaw conf files so that the device is only
showing registering through one interface.

With Netbackup auto-discovery each drive will show
up twice.  We manualy create the devices we want
in Netbackup to allow for load balancing so that
Netbackup only knows about one device.

Side note: There is a RDAC driver for LSI (some
STK and Sun) based disk arrays that handle
this redundant device issue, but I have not
seen one yet for tape drives.

Ken Sibley
Sr. Unix Administrator
Accor Economy Lodging