Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing volume group of a netbackup tape

2002-02-11 06:32:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing volume group of a netbackup tape
From: tim AT ngfl.gov DOT uk (Timothy J. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:32:26 -0000
Hi All.

Does anyone know how I could do the following using the CLI.

Each day I have a list of media which has been written to in the last 24
hours (bpimagelist -idonly -media -hoursago 24) and I would like to move
it to a volume group based on the date (i.e tapes written on Friday will
have the volume group FRIDAY). I would also like a timestamp added to
the tape to record when it goes offsite. Does anyone know how todo this
in the CLI?

I guess I can use something like vmchange?

Thanks,

Timothy

Timothy J. Arnold
Systems Support Officer