Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recovery of a Netbackup Database?

2002-02-07 15:56:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recovery of a Netbackup Database?
From: kingjamm AT colltech DOT com (James Mello)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:56:36 -0600 (CST)
I'm following the manual from Veritas on how to do a restore of the
Netbackup catalogs from disk storage, but it's not quite working. For
whatever reason, it'll run, but not write anything out. I'm a bit
frustrated as I've acutally moved the existing /usr/openv/volmgr/database
and /usr/openv/netbackup/db directories out of the way. The only change
that's really happened since we've had to recover was creating a symlink
from the /usr/openv directory to a disk with larger space. Previously it
was running in a /usr/openv directory.

Lastly, I did get it to recovery the way *I* want, by using the -stdout
option, but I'd like to figure out why the standard recovery techniques
haven't worked in general.