Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Sharing a tape library between two master servers or media servers ?

2002-02-06 13:29:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Sharing a tape library between two master servers or media servers ?
From: bryer AT sfu DOT ca (Jeff Bryer)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:29:16 -0800 (PST)
>Can we share a tape library for two different Master Servers. I
>am trying to find a way that one master server do backup to one tape drive
>and other master server to other tape drive. E.g. I have two tape drives in
>my tape library. I want to make it like that one master server controls one
>tape drive and other master server controls other tape drive. Please let me
>know how to do it.

We do that with a Spectralogic Gator 64000 using their Shared Library
Services (SLS).  We do it for security reasons.  The two master
servers are on isolated networks (but physically close).

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (604) 291-4935