Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude list

2002-02-06 10:39:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude list
From: Robert.L.Harris AT rdlg DOT net (Robert L. Harris)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:39:01 -0700
I have 2 oracle database boxes.  Both have an exclude file that
contains:
/proc
/tmp
core
/u*/oradata
/e*/oradata
/cdrom

On one machine it's named "/usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list" and on the
other it's named "/usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.Solaris-prod".  Is
the extension on the second automatically recognized IF that class runs
the backup, while if another class runs it, it is ignored?  There is
only 1 class running against the actual "machine" which is named
differently.  The Solaris-prod class was from a previous server this was
migrated from.

If I move the second file to "exclude_list" do I need to make any
additional changes?   grepping for exclude in netbackup recursively
didn't find any config file options.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: