Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP A4845A Silo Problems

2002-02-06 09:33:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP A4845A Silo Problems
From: steve AT neptune DOT ca (Steve Mickeler)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:33:01 -0500 (EST)
We have a HP A4845A silo which is just a re-branded StorageTek 9710

The amount of drives being downed due to tapes being "stuck" in drives
has increased quite a bit lately and I was wondering if anyone else knew
how to deal with this ?

The locking and unlocking mechanism on the drives seems to be the problem.

I also have 1 DLT drive that is completely hosed, for lack of a better
word. All the lights on the drive are flashing and it wont do anything
with a tape if you put it in.

My vaulting process will be done tomorrow afternoon, so I will try power
cycling the silo to see if that brings the hosed DLT drive back to life.

I'm most likely going to call HP for a service call because having 4 of 10
drives down isnt very good for backup times,

Thanks.

Todays root password is brought to you by /dev/random

| Steve Mickeler * Network Operations |
|     Neptune Internet Services       |

1024D/ACB58D4F = 0227 164B D680 9E13 9168  AE28 843F 57D7 ACB5 8D4F