Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incrementals really running fulls

2002-02-04 16:43:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incrementals really running fulls
From: Lydia.Scharon AT zipatoni DOT com (Lydia Scharon)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:43:42 -0600
Here is my odd two fold problem...

I moved a lot of data around on my server this weekend (about 180GB)..  of
course I made sure I had a backup first.  Anyway, after moving it, I had to
set up a new NetBackup class.  I kicked off a full, and I came back later
that evening to find my root drive completely filled up and a 2+GB file in
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpdbm along with a failed 95% done backup!!!  I of
course had to get rid of the log file in order to get my server back up and
running.  Everything seemed cool after the reboot, but then all of the
sudden, backups fired up and tried to do a full (they were far from being
due to run by a couple of weeks).

Now everytime I try to run an incremental manually, it is actually backing
up everything, not just modified stuff.  I have spoken with Veritas tech
support.  They had me add the USE_CTIME_FOR_INCREMENTALS along with
DO_NOT_RESET_FILE_ACCESS_TIME.  Of course, I just looked it up and it said I
can't do that if I have Storage Migrator running, which I do.  He just
called me back, he said yes, don't use that.  He had no other suggestions
but to just let it run an incremental.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I can do to not run fulls tonight (I
don't have enough free tapes, I am talking about 2TB of data here!)

Thanks,
Lydia Scharon
The Zipatoni Co.