Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L700 with NT4.0 and SSO - Tape cleaning.

2002-02-02 15:46:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L700 with NT4.0 and SSO - Tape cleaning.
From: Bleimeyer, Paul W." <paulb AT mayo DOT edu (Paul Bleimeyer)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 14:46:32 -0600
Can someone point me at a document or reference on properly setting
up tape cleaning jobs under veritas 3.41_2? We currently have a multiple
media server environment all running SSO with a single master and I
would
like to automate the cleaning of the drives. I know that using the
drives
for time usage is not going to work due to each server resetting the
usage timer after releasing the drive. How are folks implementing this
currently? The library is a L700 STK with 4 FC 9840 drives.

Regards,

Paul