Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error code 1; failure reading file.

2002-02-01 11:30:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error code 1; failure reading file.
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:30:59 -0600
I don't know if this helps, but with NBU BusinessServer OTM support is
an additional license purchase (with DC its included). If you don't have
this it *may* be causing some of your problems.

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> Jason Ahrens <Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com> 02/01/02 10:25AM >>>
Great! I'm not the only one having this problem. I didn't think I could
be.

I have calls open with both Veritas and Microsoft about this problem.
So far
no one has been able to figure out anything.

Here's what I do know:

1) We have a flat system: NT4, SP6a, IIS, NetBackup client - Backup
successful
2) We apply Microsoft rollup patch Q299444i.exe and these problems
start
happening, always the same files.
3) We back out the patch, the problem goes away.
4) We reinstall the patch, these problems come back, but *different*
files
than before. (ie: the missed files are consistent across and given
installation of the patch, but change with each installation)

If you are using that rollup patch (or any of the hotfixes within it)
could
you let me know which ones? It might help us in figuring out what's
wrong.
We can duplicate this behaviour on demand with 100% certainty, but
apparently neither Microsoft nor Veritas has success in duplicating
it.

Jason

)