Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup + Single DLT7000 Drive

2002-01-30 16:06:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup + Single DLT7000 Drive
From: kingjamm AT colltech DOT com (James Mello)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:06:05 -0600 (CST)
What sorts of problems are you running into? For the most part I would do
the following to ensure that you can effectively use the single tape
drive.

Define as few retention policies as possible. Netbackup will not use the
same media for different retention levels, unless you ask it to. In
general doing so will make the inventory of tape very difficult. Because
of this, reducing the number of retention levels will effectively reduce
the amount of inventory overhead you'll have to do.

Use the -nsu switch to ltid. This will prevent the tape from ejecting
after each backup.

Prepare your tapes you need ahead of time. There's nothing like trying to
set up media in the media library while it's asking to span tapes.

There tons of other things that I'm sure could come up, but these are the
ones I know about..... If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

        -- Cheers
        -- James