Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Architecture

2002-01-23 17:53:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Architecture
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:53:09 -0500 (EST)
It's not possible to say which requires more power for all
environments.  But in most cases, a media server does a lot more work
driving a few drives than a dedicated master server which is just
managing the catalog and scheduler.

Configuring a master to have three media servers is very easy.
RE-configuring your enviornment to demote your three master servers to
media servers and introducing a new master is non-trivial to down
right hard, depending on your level of understanding of the product
under the covers.

--
Larry Kingery
                       Does fuzzy logic tickle?